Time and Sleep.
Not too much to ask for… right?
If I had to guess, I’d say 99.9% of Moms are on board with this.
Personally, I want to time stand fucking still, so I have enough time to:
- Go to the bathroom and shower alone with the door open (if I choose) and not have anyone walk in.
- To drink that cup of coffee, hell sangria without having to explain to anyone that it’s “mommy’s drink”.
- To actually go on a date with my husband and enjoy each other’s company – yes I married my husband a person that I want to “spend” the rest of my life with (on most days) but never ever see!
- I want enough time to get to my son’s baseball or soccer games and literally watch a game from start to finish.
- I want time to stand still so these children of mine can just stop growing up – I have a 10 year old, how the hell did that happen?
- I want enough time in a day to actually talk on the phone without being in the car (before you get on my back – blue tooth rocks!) rushing to the next activity or missing my exit cause I’ve been chatting too much, or hell driving around in circles talking because I know the minute I step in the door all bets are off.
- And if time can stand still so I can make plans with my friends, not cancel and reschedule, and reschedule again, that would be great! Oh and can it stand still long enough so that when we finally get out we can be out all night and not have to worry getting home for the sitter!
And I want Sleep.
That needs no interpretation. AT. ALL.