I Am Thankful For...
- The Hubby and Kids - although they drive me to drink, cry at times, and even, dare I say it, look for sharp objects...I couldn't imagine life without them, well, maybe I can imagine like 5 minutes of sitting in a hot tub with a margarita, and some chips but not my entire life.
- My Parents - ALL of them, boy do I love 'em, from the heads to their crinkled old distorted toes. They do drive me crazy but that's their/our job as parents, right? I know when I am 60+ I will most certainly be driving my kids, bat-shit-crazy and on purpose! They love and spoil the crap out of my kids too, can't beat that with a bat.
- My Sisters - ALL of them, I love these bitches to pieces, sometimes I don't understand them, but I don't always need to as long as I can hold their hand, offer a shoulder when needed, support their dreams, spoil their children, and perhaps moon them to make them laugh, than my job is done.
- Family, Cousins and Friends - Lumping them together because I consider my family/cousins friends, and my friends family. Enough said.
And now, let the fun begin...
- Beer, a good wheat beer.
- A good, no a GREAT hair day!
- My legs for allowing me to stroll around this great planet and discover the world...did you buy that one? HA! Actually, because they help me run and hide from the kids, oh, and actually run races (hats off to the Turkey Trot tomorrow!), plus they look damn good, yes you read that I am tooting my own horn. Toot! Toot!
- Pie, Apple Crumb, to be exact.
- Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice. I am usually a 7-11 chick, but this is heaven
- That there are no creepy Uncles in my or my husbands family, no one to "avoid"
in fear that your ass may be grabbed.
- Ferris Buellers Day Off
- Sweatpants, need I say more?
- Texting, yes, m'am! when social anxiety kicks in and you don't want to pick up the phone...text!
- A fast cashier, fast as in a speedy ringer-upper, not a Ho! Ho! Ho!
- Reality Trash TV, I had to separate them, there is a distinct difference.
- Seltzer water, excellent replacement for my diet coke addiction
- The sound of silence. Once a week I shower in complete silence. I lock the door so no little toes come barging in telling me that their brother kicked them, or is getting a knife, or is...basically doing whatever they want because they rule the house.
- Tim Gunn
- That fact that I am 40, have absolutely no pressure to tear it up, go out and get silly on "The Night Before Thanksgiving". I get to eat without a hangover, WHEW!